[hpsdr] HPSD?R questions

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Sat Dec 31 08:25:39 PST 2016

All:

1.  The computer I'm using for PowerSDR has two gigabit ethernet ports.
Right now, one goes to the shack gigabit switch and the other nowhere.
Question:  Is there any performance advantage to connecting HPSDR direct
to the computer?  (I'd used static IP addresses if I did.)  Any
disadvantages?

2.  I've been reading about WSJT-X, WSPR, etc.  and would like to try
them with HPSDR.  Any pointers on hooking this up?  I'm aware of VAC,
but think I've read about better alternatives, just can't find.  Any
suggestions on installing/configuring?

Thanks, 73, and Happy New Year!!

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org