[hpsdr] The UDP ports in the new Ethernet protocol violate the ethos of the Internet.

Simon Brown simon at sdr-radio.com
Fri Jan 15 00:29:35 PST 2016

One thing though:

Were the SDR to be at a remote site a 'simple' Windows program could use an
alternate port and provide intelligent port mapping and user access control,
also some routers can do port mapping anyway.

What I'm thinking about is a remote ANAN SDR at a remote site using Phil's
protocol with some extra UDP packet compression to reduce the network load.
Just something I'm thinking about, nothing more. The protocol itself is
excellent and probably the only one I'll support for TRX.

Simon Brown GK4ELI
http://sdr-radio.com