[hpsdr] Penelope modulation

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Jan 27 05:06:17 PST 2016

Hi Gary,

You have good chance to drive the ADC of the AF-codec TLV320 into clipping,
when you apply an external 2 tone, especially if you use that 20 dB boost
amp. When using the test tab the 2 tones are generated in the DSP section of
PowerSDR completely independent of the Mic path. No overdrive the is
possible.

Please keep further in mind, that contrary to the DAC ALC of Pennylane,
Hermes etc. Penelope works in another way via the ‘sample control’. So
unlike these boards Penelope can show differences in TX and drive settings.

73, Helmut, DC6NY