[hpsdr] Which CAT is best?

N0URE N0URE at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 16:17:59 PDT 2016

Recently I had been having CAT errors reported by WSJT-X v 1.6.0 working
with DDUtil 3.2.3.0 and PS v 3.3.7.
Bill  G4WJS helped me avoid the errors by changing the mode selection in
WSJT-X from 'Data/Pkt' to None.

"Hi John,

that is probably the source of the error. The TS-2000 does not have
specific a USB-DATA mode so the Hamlib TS-2000 driver will not accept
USB-DATA as a mode. Try setting the WSJT-X "Settings->Mode" to "None",
this will stop WSJT-X from trying to set he mode. You will need to set
the mode in PowerSDR manually to DIGU."

So I would like to ask the UI coders for PowerSDR, Which radio in
HAM-LIB is the best match for the CAT commands coded in the current UI?
Would you please have a look at WSJT-X list of radios and see if there
is a good match for Modes and VFO-A & B in PowerSDR & 100D.

And a BIG thanks for all who have in the past and continue to advance
the software Sooo much. v 3.3.8 is appreciated and just waiting for the
New Protocol release.

73

John TI4/N0URE