[hpsdr] PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.3.9

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Mon Jun 20 22:39:54 PDT 2016

First of all I must compliment the developers on their fine work. The
receiver is better and better. So far I haven't fiddled much with settings,
they are all at default, as I only set up the new version yesterday.

As far as latency goes, the Linear Phase default setting is so good, I can't
tell the difference when switching to Low Latency. Early versions had such
latency that using audio monitor with a headset was disturbing, and the CW
side tone was also distracting. Now it's just spot on.

However, on CW transmit, the transmit control problem I raised last year
still exists. I prefer to use a footswitch to control T/R switching, but
this hasn't worked properly since the CW business was moved to the FPGA. In
my Atlas-based system, the PTT line only operates the PTT open collector
output on Penelope (to my PA). The T/R switching in the radio does its own
thing, and even that isn't reflected correctly in the CW settings.

I believe this is a "known issue", but it hasn't been fixed yet.

I had three SSB QSO yesterday, and it all worked very well.

73,
Luke VK3HJ