[hpsdr] Problem running PowerSDR in the VS2013 IDE

john_eckert at keysight.com john_eckert at keysight.com
Wed May 18 14:32:53 PDT 2016

I installed VS2013 Pro and it builds v3.3.7 OK.  I think.

When I run the build (release or debug) it stumbles.  That is, it outputs sound in bursts (<1 sec) about every three or four seconds.  The panadapter is in sync with the audio.  This only happens when the code is run from the IDE.  If I execute the code from Win Explorer it runs just fine.  At this time I edit, then build 'PowerSDR' and finally double click it in the the release folder.  Arrrrg!

I've reloaded VS2013 Pro from the Web, from the CD, once twice, maybe three times.   Changed the build properties every way imaginable.   Still no fun.   This is running on Win7.

When I run PowerSDR from the IDE it seems to be running OK until I press the 'Start' button.  The audio start in bursts and the fp buttons become slow to respond.  While this spitting and sputtering is going on the CPU is only at 3%

My bet is that it is something to do with Win7 security.  It seems like every packet gets checked.

Any ideas?

TIA,
John k2ox