[hpsdr] Level calculation error in Two Tone Test generation routine

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:01:45 PST 2016

Hi Helmut,

Actually, that helped. And I just found the following citation, which
helped clear things up for me as well:

"The display represents the rate at which peak power occurs when the two
frequencies are in phase and the voltages add. Thus, one peak contains
one-fourth (-- 6 dB) of the peak envelope power (PEP). An average reading
power meter would read the combined power of the tones, or half the PEP,
assuming the envelope distortion is negligible."

So since we have a true peak reading FFT based display, we are seeing the
PEP spectra.

Thanks,

Scott/w-u-2-o

P.S. I hate the 12KB message limit on this list...