[hpsdr] IMD Testing

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 25 14:15:14 PST 2016

Happy Thanksgiving all!,I suggest reviewing MIL-STD-1311, Method 2204B For the mil method of testing IMD.Power SDR works fine for me. Warren's pure signal is a great way to fine the peak output capability of an amplifier chain. Then you just turn on the two tone generator for the correct settings at -6dB. Power increases 3dB but the envelope increases by a factor of 2 or 6dB. I'm running 4 modified MRI amplifier boards 160 through 6 meters. Each board has 4 -SD2932s. I've done a lot of IMD testing and love the pure signal results that put my IP3 at around -60dbc all bands. ( I can eliminate one stage of amplification in my driver).I can set a brick on the key at 1500 watts. So far, I'm too chicken to try full power .Frank WA1GFZ