[hpsdr] A real newbie question

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 13:50:08 PDT 2016

Pete,

I guess you know that some modifications of the frontend are necessary to
use the RP as an appropriate SDR. Impedance transformation from high to 50
ohms seems helpful as well as sufficient low-pass filtering for the 1.
Nyquist zone. The preamp for frequencies > 7 MHz needs a redesign. When you
have done this work calibration can be taken as Warren has described. To get
best accuracy a high reference (signal source) level should be used to
employ as much bits of the ADC as possible (just below clipping).

73, Helmut, DC6NY