[hpsdr] Update to Hermes/Metis gnuradio drivers supporting Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) and Gnuradio 3.10

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 09:22:57 PDT 2016

There have been some changes to swig type checking in gnuradio somewhere
between
gnuradio 3.9  and 3.10, or somewhere in the upgrade from Ubuntu Trusty
(14.04) to Xenial (16.04.1).

I've pushed an additional new branch to the Hermes/Metis gnuradio drivers
on github.

     https://github.com/Tom-McDermott/gr-hpsdr

branches
-------------
     master - works with Ubuntu 14.04 , gnuradio 3.9
     xenial310 - works with Ubuntu 16.04, gnuradio 3.10

If you are on 16.04 / gnuradio 3.10 then
$ git checkout xenial310
before building and installing the drivers.

If you are on Trusty, but have upgraded to 3.10, I'm not sure which branch
is the right one,
try Xenial310 first.  Xenial310 might be backwards compatible to Trusty and
maybe even
3.9, but I've no way to test that.  If you are successful with that
combination, let me know,
and I'll merge xenial310 into master.  Then other folks won't have to put
up with two
different branches.

-- Tom McDermott, N5EG