[hpsdr] protocol 2 for Hermes

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Thu Apr 27 05:00:07 PDT 2017

Scott,

Thanks for info, but we do have the 2 relevant PTC 2A fuses, F2 and F3,  in
the voltage regulation circuitry. If the switched mode 5V regulator is
enabled, the (1,6A) current of the 5V rail is also flowing via fuse F2 on
the main DC rail (13-14V). Disabling the onboard SMPS and using a 5V
external source unloads fuse F2, but fuse F3 has still to carry full
current.

I personally couldn’t discover any issues running Thetis at highest sampling
rates, but my boards are carefully cooled, hi. On the other hand I noticed
the high CPU-load, Thetis and the fast Ethernet is producing. Perhaps that’s
the reason for the reported effects.

73, Helmut, DC6NY