[hpsdr] Solar Eclipse recordings made with Hermes

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Aug 31 10:21:20 PDT 2017

I used my Hermes and Gnuradio to record the 80M, 40M, 30M, and 20M bands
for 8 hours (from 1400 to 2200 UTC) as part of the HamSci eclipse
experiment.  I also recorded the entire AM broadcast band using a Red
Pitaya.

I've now uploaded some initial results in the form of time-lapse movies
that show a spectrum-analyzer view of each band with the 8 hours sped up
to about 3 minutes.

Rather than posting lots of background details and links here, I'll
point you to my blog at http://blog.febo.com where the last couple of
postings have links to the YouTube videos as well as other related stuff.

73,
John