[hpsdr] Problems getting Ozy+Mercury up on GNU/Linux

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 21:51:02 PST 2017

Hi OpenHPSDR Hackers,

Just a follow up on this thread. I downloaded PowerSDR mrx latest from the
github releases page, downloaded and installed libusb for windows7. After
generating the windom file, the powerSDR comes up, I configured it for
HPSDR, Ozy+Mercury. But the power button is greyed out. If I press it, I
get a popup saying:

"Invalid firmware"
You have Ozy:2.8
Mercury: 3.3
Penny: 0.0

I then connected Penny as well. But now, even the Ozy and Penny versions
are not discovered. When I click the power button, a command window opens
and I can see initozy batch file is getting run and the USB connect
notification happens.

Would appreciate any help in moving forward.

Thanks and Happy new year!
Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD.