[hpsdr] Orion_v4.6_test firmware

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Fri Feb 3 07:18:22 PST 2017

Anyone interested in helping me test Orion firmware with PureSignal,

It has been brought to my attention that the PureSIgnal feature in PowerSDR doesn’t work on some Orion-based units when running Orion_v4.5 firmware, whereas some do.  To try to address this issue I have prepared a test version of firmware that implements a different timing scheme for the PureSignal pathways in the Orion FPGA.  The test firmware seems to work fine here.

If you are interested in helping me test PureSignal behavior with this test firmware in your Orion-based units it would be helpful to me to hear of your observations.  Please indicate to me whether you have PureSignal problems with Orion_v4.4 and Orion_v4.5 as well, as these versions implement different timing too.

The Orion_v4.6_test.rbf test firmware and Orion_v4.5 may be downloaded from  this webpage:

www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

A link to the PREVIOUS FIRMWARE page from which you may obtain Orion_v4.4 is also on the page, as this previous firmware version seems to be a version that (I believe) works in PureSignal mode for all Orion units.

Thanks!

73, Joe K5SO