[hpsdr] Mercury Troubleshooting Help

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Thu Feb 9 14:43:01 PST 2017

I need some help troubleshooting a hand built Mercury.

When I first built it I mis-installed U6 90 degrees off. I did power it up
that way until I realized my mistake and corrected it.

Plugged into Atlas I get D3 and D11 lit, along with the power LEDs.

I can use Ozy and update firmware with no errors.

When I click the power button in PowerSDR I get the firmware warning and it
shows all boards with V 0.0. Without the Mercury card it shows appropriate
versions and works.

I have checked all the voltages on the FPGA and they are correct.

Both clocks are outputting correct signals, and the FPGA is getting the
10Mhz.

I have also closely inspected the FPGA pins, and there are no obvious shorts
or bad solder joints.

What should I look at next?

Thanks,

Steve