[hpsdr] Updated Wireshark plug-in for the HPSDR USB over IP protocol

Matthew J Wolf mwolf at speciosus.net
Fri Jan 6 21:57:08 PST 2017

I have updated my Wireshark plug-in for the HPSDR USB over IP protocol.
This is the "old" protocol. My plug-in now should be able disassemble
all of the protocol.

Here is a list of what is new:
- Wireshark version 2.2.3
- Added disassembly of status 3 datagrams.
- Added disassembly of USB end point 4 datagrams.
- Added zero padding.
- Added validation of the length of the datagrams.
- Added protocol preferences to enable or disable some of the length
testing.
- Rewrote disassembly of Discovery and Start-Stop status.
- Cleaned up formatting and field names in attempt to improve
   understandably.

The plug-in can be downloaded from my github account.

The link to the newest version of the plug-in is:

https://github.com/matthew-wolf-n4mtt/hpsdr-u/tree/master/releases/hpsdr-u-wireshark-plugin-0.2.0

There are 64 bit compiled versions of the plug-in for MS Windows and
Linux AMD64 in the built-binaries directory. All you need to do is copy
the compiled plug-in into the Wireshark plugin directory.

To find the Wireshark plugin directory:
1. Open the Wireshark GUI.
2. Goto the Help Menu.
3. Open the "About Wireshark".
4. Click on the Plugins tab.
5. Look and see where the other plugins are located.
6. Copy the plugin in the same direcorty as the other plugins.
MS Windows the plugin directory is:
\Program Files\Wireshark\plugins\<wireshark version>\

Linux plugin directory can be:
/lib/Wireshark/plugins/<wireshark version>/
/usr/local/lib/Wireshark/plugins/<wireshark version>/
etc...

-Matt, N4MTT