[hpsdr] Fwd: VAC & virtualization tutorial (and other project articles)

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:00:43 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I've just finished a comprehensive new write-up that covers the full gamut
of VAC and virtualization topics that often come up on the list, including:

   - A review of the functional basics, rules and software limitations
   associated with the PowerSDR virtual audio interface
   - Suggestions for tuning system performance for real-time audio
   - How to quickly setup a USB headset for use with PowerSDR
   - Virtual PTT switching for virtual audio
   - Latency: what it is and how to minimize it
   - How to setup up Voicemeeter Banana and interface digital mode software
   audio streams
   - Virtualizing CW operations
   - Integrating digital audio workstation (DAW) software.

You can find the link to this article at the bottom of my qrz.com web page:
https://www.qrz.com/db/WU2O

In addition, I have posted articles on a number of ANAN radio subjects on
my qrz.com page, including:

   - piHPSDR controller construction
   - ANAN "helper" unit construction (RX2 preselector, PureSignal switch,
   PTT buffer)
   - DB25 connector modification/relocation
   - Cooling & fan modifications
   - Bootloader switch for 100 series radios
   - Chassis fastener upgrades

Finally, I'd like to point out that Rob, W1AEX, has recently published a
major update to his excellent tutorial on how to properly set up the audio
processing chain in PowerSDR. You can find Rob's outstanding work at:
http://www.w1aex.com/anantxgain/anantxgain.html

73!

Scott/w-u-2-o