[hpsdr] Angelia_v5.5 download package

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sun Jan 29 11:51:01 PST 2017

Hi Scott,

In this version of firmware it is not possible to use RX2 with anything but ADC1.

However, as you bring this issue up and I did not realize how fixed assignments would affect users, I can re-examine the issue of hard-coding the assignments.  As you are aware, some of our earier headaches associated with timing is due to Quartus changing the FPGA floor plan on us (unknownst to us) thereby throwing our original timing solution off and requiring extensive retiming efforts to accommodate even a tiny change in the Verilog code.  This might be made easier to work with if we are able to use a paid subscription to Quarus Prime to gain access to the LogicLock and Incremental Compilation features that we currently cannot access, instead of using our free “Lite” versions.  Phil and I both agree that in principle however, it seems inadvisable to be switching the wide, fast data busses around as we have in previous versions but I’ll take a look to see if I can re-instate that option successfully using our Lite version until we can determine whether a paid subscription will i) work for us suitably and ii) find a reasonable way to obtain funds for a paid Quartus Prime subscription.

I’ll work on it some more and if I’m successful with reinstating the switching I’ll release a new version of the firmware.

Thanks for the heads up.  I surely don’t wish to limit our versatility unnecessarily and arbitrarily.

73, Joe K5SO