[hpsdr] Munin amplifier - 1st gain stage T5

Laurence Barker laurence at cmlelectronics.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 10:10:08 PDT 2017

Rod

Thank you. That accords with some information I got from Kjell this morning.
Kjell suggests that stages T1-T4 have about 10dB excess gain, so a drive
level of 17dBm is needed. If T5 has 13dB, I'll need +4dBm in. Kjell thought
0dBm drive was OK for full power out, but it's in the same ball park. I'd
probably scrape through with no margin "as is". It sounds like I probably
need a few dB gain (perhaps 4-6) to have some margin for error, so I'll add
an op amp driver on my PCB.

Laurence Barker

laurence at nicklebyhouse.co.uk