[hpsdr] New Hermes Board

Laurence Barker laurence at cmlelectronics.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 10:54:39 PDT 2017

Hi everyone

I hadn't encountered the Z-turn range but they look quite impressive. They
include a video output and there's a touchscreen LCD available; so a
complete (probably only moderate performance) radio in one unit does look an
interesting thing to consider. It's worryingly more affordable.

It's a linux computer; so I imagine it would be possible to port pihpsdr
onto the unit. I know the protocol code to do the sample data interfacing.

There's also another unit in the range with an FMC connector which is an
industry standard (so the issue with the interface changing isn't an issue);
but the carrier for that costs rather more.

Ricght now I'm not proposing this as a project. I for one wouldn't want to
compete with anyone else's project and I'm not ready to start anyway. But
something in this direction is where I'd like to go, when I'm allowed to
spend some more money and when I've got my RF front end out of the way!

Laurence Barker G8NJJ

laurence at nicklebyhouse.co.uk