[hpsdr] Differences between Apache Labs and AMSAT/Zephyr Hermes boards

Jose V. Gavila eb5agv at amsat.org
Fri Jun 16 12:00:18 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I answer myself :-)

After some fight with a very old firmware and, what was most important,
an static set IP, out of the range my LAN uses, so it was not discovered
(even after using the HPSDRBootloader application to install the new
firmware), I have been able to update the firmware and set DHCP on the
TAPR Hermes card. I have then checked it with PowerSDR mRX PS and, yes,
it worked being defined as Hermes or ANAN-10

So I have modified the board to be a clone of the Apache Labs one,
adding the power switch, changing the side for the tiny coax connectors
(J28 and J29 are soldered on the other side on the TAPR Hermes; this has
been by far the most delicate procedure), removing the APOLLO connector
and adding the ALEX one, replacing a couple of 0 Ohm resistors on the
power switch by capacitors, adding the transverter connector (J1) and
the associated C39, changing the power connector and configuring all
jumpers the same than on the Apache Labs Hermes. I have then installed
the board on the Anan-10 enclosure and all works perfectly!

I hope this info helps someone with a similar 'problem' in the future.

Best regards,

Jose

--
73 EB5AGV - JOSE V. GAVILA - La Canyada - Valencia (SPAIN)
    http://agvradio.com  AGVradio