[hpsdr] Resampler

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Sun Jun 18 10:04:45 PDT 2017

Hi,

The Athena/DFC code pretty much does that now.
Athena sends complexFloatIQ samples to Aether, which sends them to all
the running Hemeras.
Hemera converts to PCM samples, BUT doesn't send them to the sound
stack.  It instead sends the PCM samples
directly to flRadio (modified fldigi) via a tcp socket.  I wrote a
"sdrsound driver" for fldigi that gets its PCM sound samples
from the socket instead of the sound stack.  This both improved latency
and quality of the decodes.

The final step would be to make fldigi understand IQ data directly, but
I suspect that would be a major project.

--
Steve AD0ES