[hpsdr] powerSDR and High resolution

Brian D. Comer brian at kf6c.com
Tue Jun 27 16:14:57 PDT 2017

George

My display is only 3200 X 1800. When I set the DPI to 1 as per the windows
10 note it locked out the scaling under settings. If I Turn off custom
scaling and sign out, when it comes back powerSDR is messed  up. If "Change
the size of text, and other apps" is set to 250% as recommended, powerSDR is
totally messed up, if set to 100 or 125 the vertical is correct but the
horizontal takes the full width. The GTX 970 M driver recommended by Razer
or something does not seem to handle this well. Only setting DPI to 1 with
regedit seems to get a good result. It is interesting to note that, a second
monitor I have connected with only 1920 by 1080 follows the built in monitor
on the lap top ever if it set as the primary monitor.

I'm also using Windows 10 Creator's Edition.

I understand this is a windows setting and the program is working as it was
designed. However now with small hi resolution screens this makes the text
very small. The GUI window comes up 5 by 2.8 inches. I can go to full screen
buy that only results in the same size text sparsely spread over the screen.

Brian KF6C