[hpsdr] powerSDR and High resolution

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Wed Jun 28 08:35:03 PDT 2017

Samsung won't be the first with a 4K display. Sony got there first
with the Xperia Z5 back in 2015, though North America never got the 4K
version of that phone. They followed up with the Xperia XZ Premium
this year; it not only has a 4K display but it's also an HDR display.
It's already available elsewhere and is in preorder here.

The Sony phones have a 5.5" display. That comes out to an insane
800dpi (or ppi, pixels per inch, as it's usually called on phones).
Windows on that hardware isn't an issue for now as it only runs
Android, but it's possible that similar devices will get the upcoming
Windows on ARM.