[hpsdr] Windows 10 Attestation Signed drivers are available for testing

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Mar 26 10:34:49 PDT 2017

Dear Uwe,
The process does NOT involve an EXE file.  It is a zip file that contains a
.cab file, a .inf file, and the needed driver files.

Driver installation generally does NOT involve an EXE file, but involves
having a proper .inf file for the driver, right clicking, and choosing to
'install'.

Depending on whether you have an upgraded install to Windows 10, or a new
machine or new install of Windows 10 with build 1607, you will need to use
different packages. This is because the signing requirements changed under
some circumstances for Window 10 'anniversary' (aka Build 1607, aka Redstone
1.)  This is a long, involved, explanation that we need not enter into here.
It was discussed last year in August and September on this list, and those
archives are available for you to refer to.

These are all available at: http://openhpsdr.org/download.php. You should be
looking at either 'libusb0-driver_Signed.zip'
(http://openhpsdr.org/downloads/programs/libusb0-driver-signed/libusb-driver
_Signed.zip, the first case described') or
'LibUSB-HPSDR_driver_win10_x86_x86.zip'
(http://svn.tapr.org/repos_hpsdr_kiss/branches/K9TRV/LibUSB0-signed-for-Wind
ows-10/libusb/Driver/SignedPackageFromMicrosoft/LibUSB-HPSDR_driver_win10_x8
6_x64.zip, the second case described).

Get yours now, as they soon will be moving to the GitHub repository (they
are already there, but the links don't point there yet.)

If you need help, it would help us help you if you provide a full
description of the Windows 10 system (windows 10 build installed), and the
problems that you encounter, at that time.

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV
Author of the libusb0 installer packages