[hpsdr] Help! Pennylane has apparently died

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 10:19:44 PDT 2017

Hi Helmut

I’ll certainly give that a try ASAP but with JP2 pins 1 & 2 jumped there doesn’t appear to be any drive visible on those pins at 3.7MHz with a scope.

I’m wondering if the problem could be in Alex and that is causing the FPGA to send a false DAC_ALC level to U7 D/A. Maybe the ‘take-off’ damaged the dual log amp in Alex. I’ll try disconnecting the 3-wire lead from Mercury to Pennylane and see what happens.

Chris