[hpsdr] Manual transmitter control on CW mode

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Thu May 25 18:45:19 PDT 2017

I first raised an issue with my Atlas system over two years ago, after the CW works was moved from software to FPGA. The latency problem was solved and has since been wonderful.
At about this time, I noted a change in operation in the CW transmitting control, where I found I had lost the ability to fully manually control the transmit/receive switching using a footswitch. The only options available seem to be semi break-in or full break-in. In other words, any time I touch the paddle, accidentally or deliberately, the rig transmits. I can still set the transmitter to send using external PTT, but it will also send anytime I touch the paddle.
Furthermore, I now have a new ANAN 200D, running v4.3 firmware and PowerSDR mRX PS v3.3.9. I experience the same MO as with the Atlas system.
My question is, was this way of operation intended or is there a bug?
I have read the version update notes, and can certainly see that CW operations have *not* been ignored.
If the only way of CW transmit control is either semi break-in (which works very well) or full break-in (which doesn’t work well with amplifiers with relays), may I please request a further option of Manual (external PTT) control where touching the paddle/key will not set the transmitter to send to be added to the “To Do” list?
I have gone back to my Atlas system, until I have made up the control and interface cables for my ANAN.
Thankyou to all involved in this project. I still think HPSDR is better than anything else I have operated (apart from Tx switching!)
Vy 73,
Luke VK3HJ