[hpsdr] New Hermes board

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Wed May 31 00:42:28 PDT 2017

Hi All.

Thank you all for the interest and comments about the new Hermes board.

As I informed in my first mail, describing what the plans are, this is not
a new project. The plan is to improve Hermes in many ways, not making a
new Angelia or Orion board. We are going to keep all the good performance
that Hermes already has and add some new features such as 2 meter
coverage, less power consumption, new 5W PA, new FPGA and some more I/O´s.

And we want that Hermes 2M should be possible to build by a Ham with some
experience and normal tools and equipment for soldering and re-soldering.
That means that there will not be any ball grid components.

We are still open for new improvements.

I see that many of you are going to be disappointed but if somebody wants
to start a new OpenHPSDR project, that is fine!

73, Kjell.

--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/