[hpsdr] Themis

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Sat Nov 18 06:46:31 PST 2017

Thanks for additional info, John.

73, Helmut, DC6NY

Von: John C. Westmoreland, P.E. [mailto:john at westmorelandengineering.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 18. November 2017 13:24
An: Helmut Oeller <dc6ny at gmx.de>
Cc: HPSDR <hpsdr at openhpsdr.org>
Betreff: Re: [hpsdr] Themis

Hello Helmut,

Depends on the OXCO - for instance - for the MTI-270 - those specs are what that manufacturer claims.

All of the board logic that has anything to do with the disciplining paths are all ECL - and are tightly controlled and timing is known.

I have nice on-board RF switches that I made out of all ECL.  In fact, someone that helped me in the early days of this design has used

that RF switch concept (AFAIK).

I'm still bringing up the board; so I'll do my best to keep people posted.

Power consumption is a little on the high side due to the ECL of course.  I may be able to bring that down if I can remove some of the termination

resistors on some non-critical timing paths.

Thanks for your interest.

73's,

John

AJ6BC