[hpsdr] HPSDR transverter fonction

Dominique Dehays f6dro at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 21 08:54:30 PST 2017

OK tnx for information.

What I wanted to do is to apply my usual technique to get sure the gain
ahead of the digitizer is adequate : not too low , to be able to get the
preamplifier and RX chain of the transverter I'm using ahead of the anan
to dominate the RX noise figure , and not too high to get the rigth
dynamic range. This technique follows Leif SM5BSZ recommandation.

On my other sdr , the game consists in tailoring an attenuator in the
chain to get something like a 20dB noise increase on the sdr between the
digitizer disconnected from the RX chain , and with RX chain connected (
works OK on Linrad S meter or Spectravue in continuuum mode).

I thougth it was possible to use the internal ANAN10 attenuator to do
the same and then avoid to use an external attenuator , but it looks
like it is not possible when using RA to run the measurement and then ,
the external attenuator is still necessary.

Tnx for the reply anyway.

73

Dom