[hpsdr] Wide bandscope

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Sun Apr 22 23:48:32 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the wide bandscope. Yes, I'm still
playing with Atlas based protocol 1 system after all these years!

Metis V3, Mercury V3.4, Penelope V1.8

1. Could someone explain what the wide bandscope should show. The noise
floor seems to be constant across the frequency range and does not
follow the actual noise floor. Also the display varies with the receiver
frequency giving the impression that the data is going through a
bandpass filter. With 3 receivers all 3 have an effect.

2. I'm not sure if I should be taking 4096 or 16384 samples to process
as the documents are ambiguous.

3. I've got the implementation wrong somewhere, never been sure about
how to process this stuff. I followed what KISS does but have not ended
up with the same display. The code for that part is in C so if anyone
would like to help spot the problem I will post it.

Thanks for any help

Bob - G3UKB