[hpsdr] General questions about Protocol 2 and Audio

Gary Abercrombie gabercr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:29:59 PST 2018

I am attempting to create plugins for microwave SDR’s to work with Thetis.  I generally have Rx and Tx working up to 50Mhz with LimeSDR and Ettus B200.  I am using the Protocol 2 spec and attempting to do as few changes in OpenHPSDR software as possible.  I developed a driver that runs in Windows that takes the place of the Metis hardware.  Currently this driver runs on the same PC as Thetis.  I am having a few issues with audio streaming however.

I was wondering if folks who have a good working knowledge in this area could help.

I read thru a lot of the forums and attempted to glean a few pointers.  One interesting comment was that without Mic Samples, audio data will not be generated.  This has me confused as to why but sure enough, if I inject mic samples into Thetis, I then receive audio PCM data.

Eventually I would like to greatly increase the Rx Data sample packets to Lime/Ettus MTU maximums and also increase sample rates for microwave bands.

I also read there is a way to configure OpenHPSDR to use the PC sound system and not stream mic and audio data to Metis (other than VAC hopefully).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary N8CQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10