[hpsdr] Reverse Power Tolerance

Tony Hagen prosdr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:45:55 PST 2018

Greetings! Good evening to all HPSDR members

I am using  Hermes, Alex and Munin and 20Meter Dipole.  Till now at 100 watt the reverse power was within 1 watt limit.

Recently, I increased my Antenna height and found the Reverse power is crossing beyond 1 watt mostly beyond 14.24Mhz. The SWR is 1.25

I would like to know 2 things:-
a) till what max. reverse power Munin can withstand
b) When the Reverse power is high and the swr is high  - if for instance there is a possibility of damage – Which part of the entire Transceiver will damage – is it just the linear amplifier or there is a possibility of damages to Hermes too.

kindly advise – it will be a great help

Wish you all a happy new year 2019 in advance

73
Tony