[hpsdr] Hermes board troubleshooting?

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Thu Feb 1 04:32:07 PST 2018

Hi Stu.

I have had 2 Hermes boards with defective FPGA and the symptoms were the
same as you describe. But if the bootloader is missing, you might try to
load it and see what happens.

It is easy to replace the FPGA if you have the right tools. You must have
access to a hot air blower and use pre-heating before removing the chip.

73, Kjell

Hi all
I've acquired an Apache Labs Hermes SDR board revision B that was known to
be faulty.
Unfortunately the seller didn't have any history for the board. (German
company)
The board powers up and all 5 power led's come on. The front power led
turns on but the status led is on steady at around half brightness.
None of the debug led's turn on.
The board is in the same state in bootloader mode and run mode.
There is no connectivity via the ethernet port but the port connection
light comes on and the activity light flickers when attempting access.
Doug from AL has advised trying a bootloader reflash with a USB blaster
but failing that he thinks it is likely to be a problem with the FPGA.
My USB blaster is taking some time to arrive and I was wondering if
anybody can suggest anything else I could check in the interim?
Ive carefully examined the board and can see no sign of physical damage or
bad solder joints.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Stu M0ST

På Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:05:37 +0100, skrev BINNS STUART
<stuart.binns at ntlworld.com>:

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/