[hpsdr] Penelope LEDs are off

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 20:44:17 PST 2018

I managed to get my Mercury programmed with v3.4 FPGA code. I am now trying
to bring my Penelope to life. This is a TAPR shipped assembled board and
was working but haven't been used for 5 years or so.

The U4 (3.3v voltage regulator) is getting too hot, which probably means
that there is a short somewhere and a lot of current is getting drawn. I
will start looking through the schematics to trace through the circuit. If
anyone has other debugging tips or voltage points to look at on the board,
it will be great.

​Thanks​
--
  Ramakrishnan