[hpsdr] Hermes II

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Tue Jan 23 05:47:08 PST 2018

Hi all,

On 01/23/2018 04:06 AM, Sebastien F4GRX wrote:
> So why should the hardware limited to 192 kHz HD AUDIO like bandwidths, for example?
I currently have both grc IQSinks and Gqrx running as panadapters @ up
to 1536 KHz bandwidth
with the Athena DFC setup.  Thats decimated by 8, so can probably at
least double it.

> SDR is software, so the VFO button, mike, cq parrot... etc... should be
> connected to a PC via USB or something else. You can use very cool material
> designed for audio production to emulate your favorite Icom 7000 like rig.
powerSDR & Thetis both can use midi controllers, I hope to merge that
functionality into Athena someday soon...
> There is NO FUTURE in trying to make SDR boards as close to commercial
> transceivers as possible. If you want that, buy rigs instead. SDR is for
> experimentation. Look at the HackRF, LimeSDR, AirSpy, Ref Pitaya... and then
> make that higher performance, and OPEN.
Thats where Minerva is headed for.

--

Steve AD0ES