[hpsdr] Hermes II

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Tue Jan 23 10:04:17 PST 2018

Helmut,

On 01/23/2018 10:42 AM, Helmut Oeller wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Let me curb a bit your euphoria. Nothing in the real world is digital.
> All physical properties are analog and must be transformed into
> digital data for further processing. The performance of that hardware
> determining resolution, linearity, analogue-digital decoupling etc. is
> from my point of view as important as process power and speed.
>
> Your nice call-sign stands for AD (Analog and digital). That is an
> obligation, hi.

Thats true, but we are at  a point where a fast cpu, coupled with a fast
GPU, is up to the challenge.
Back in the day, when CDs first came out, they said DACs couldn't do the
job, and early CD technology
did lack some quality.  But today, your home theater DTS/Dolby is all
digital. Most movies are digital from camera to
theater.  I've run my DFC system side by side with my K3, and receive is
typically as good, or better, on the SDR.

--
Steve AD0ES