[hpsdr] P2

K4KV k4kv at k4kv.com
Sun Jan 28 11:35:35 PST 2018

 From listening to Phil during Teamspeak, he has discovered that the
free version of tools does not

compile like the cost version, with the same code (in this case, a line
commented out in his code file).

This is actually good news, so the folks at Quartus are now aware of
this, and an eventual fix may be forthcoming.

However, I do not even see this as a major blow to HPSDR.  Think of how
often changes to the FPGA code are actually

done, or required.  Considering the last change to the Anan
10/100/Hermes was a minor one, there have not been a lot

of fixes required there.  I am not sure it is a giant problem to have
several of the team members with the cost version, do periodic

fpga code updates and post them on line.

There are probably thousands of us who will never compile their own fpga
code.

I wonder, though, will the cost version of Quartus actually solve the
timing problems with P2?  Or, is there something else

at work here?

73

Glen K4KV