[hpsdr] [apache-labs] HAM RADIO 2018 in Friedrichshafen

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:38:51 PDT 2018

As one of the presenters I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed HAM
RADIO 2018.  The attendance at the SDR Academy filled the room again
this year. With only 30 minutes each I think everyone thought it was a
rush to get through their slides.

I too was disappointed that there were no ANAN radios. A couple of us
had hoped to be able to hijack them and show some of the new
hardware/software on the stand.  I am not sure why there was no
distributor.  Maybe next year

For me, meeting up face to face with Phil Harmen, Warren Pratt, Kjell
Larson, Steve Wilson, Laurence Barker and everyone else is what makes
the trip worthwhile. As a group of developers we try to meet up every 2
years at Friedrichshafen.  We spend a lot of time just talking and
discussing the projects we are working on and would like to work on in
the future.  The exchange of ideas is amazing.

For those that have not been the great way to get there is to fly into
Zurich, get the train to Romanshorn (1 hour) on Lake Constance and then
take the ferry across the lake to Friedrichshafen (40 minutes).  The
train and ferry are timed so there is very little waiting between them.

-- John g0orx/n6lyt