[hpsdr] Beta release of linHPSDR

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 04:31:27 PDT 2018

Hi John

I’m not a great fan of Debian based Linux distros so I also built and ran this on a Fedora (FC20) system. (I came into Linux in 1993 via the Slackware -> RedHat -> Fedora route and prefer some of the facilities e.g. rpm/yum/dnf over apt-get)

The mods to your “Prerequisites for building” under Fedora are:

sudo dnf [-y] install fftw-devel
sudo dnf [-y] install pulseaudio-libs-devel
sudo dnf [-y] install gtk3-devel

All other build and install instructions work as for Ubuntu.

On my, admittedly ancient, quad core 2.8GHz system, the fft wisdom planning phase took over 20 minutes. During which time I fell asleep watching the grass grow! I did notice that on Activity Monitor only one CPU gets driven to 100% usage.

I’ve only used linHPSDR for receive so far as I have a problem in the Tx chain on my Atlas based system. Under FC20 no CPU shows more than about 18% usage on Activity Monitor during Rx.

Thanks again.

73 Chris
G4NUX