[hpsdr] Question(s) on the DFC board

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:18:55 PDT 2018

Pete,

With the disclaimer that this is all based on rumors and such, my
understanding is that the RF unit will have all of the RF and control
features we have gotten used to: 100W RF output, three antenna ports,
transverter ports, feedback input port (from an external coupler), the
normal complement of user digital inputs and outputs, and PTT out.  PTT and
key/paddle inputs are still an unknown. As already noted, not present on
the RF unit or the Minerva card itself will be any connectors associated
with audio, that will all flow through the PC. Now is the time to start
researching high quality, low latency (ASIO capable) audio solutions for
your PC. For Windows I can highly recommend the Behringer UMC202HD. Not
sure about Linux, but I have read that the Behringer is also supported on
Linux.

73,

Scott