[hpsdr] Where do I watch for Minerva/DFC [Solved]

Sebastien F4GRX f4grx at f4grx.net
Wed Jun 27 06:33:57 PDT 2018

The
NCL
is iden
tical to
its cousin, the
TAPR Open Hard
ware
Lic
ense, apart
from
its added
require
ment
tha
t products can
be m
ade onl
y for nonco
mmerc
ial use.

(Crappy PDF is crappy, deal with it)

Will you tell us that a machine that is sold for 3000/3500 dollars and was
produced from a design that was basically "given for free" is within the
framework of a non commercial agreement?

It is hard to believe it when Apache labs tried to sell obsolete hermes lite 2
boards for TWICE the price that was planned by the original author.

To me the reality is that the openhpsdr project has a commercial agreement with
apache labs to produce the boards, and everything is wrapped in a curtain of
"open sourcery" that claims anyone is free to build their own board if they please.

True, but in practice, no one wants to replicate a hard work that was already done.

It would have been better if the gerbers had been contributed back to the community.

I dont expect people to agree with me. But there are established situations that
are worth looking at with a fresh eye.

Sebastien