[hpsdr] Question about CAT in Thetis

Steven Wilson wevets at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:38:58 PDT 2018

Hi - I'm working on implementing a control console for a home-brew radio
based on Thetis.

The first thing I tried was the ZZAE/ZZAF command since my greatest desire
for this project is to get a tuning knob.  The response I get back is "?;"
indicating a command that doesn't exist/not understood.

My copy of Thetis is a couple of months old and in my reading this morning
I found that there was an update around 3/25 for CAT commands.

So my first question - did this update include these commands - or perhaps
the commands exist already and I have other issues?  Note that I have the
Master AF working also -so that suggests that I'm communicating okay.

Next question - is there a CAT debug mode that allows commands to be
monitored as they arrive to be parsed?  I used something like this when
implementing the CAT portion of PiHPSDR and found it quite helpful. I did
try using the CAT Test screen and didn't have any success with that.  If
not - is there any favored serial sniffer tool that is favored for this??

Thanks all - 73!

Steve KA6S