[hpsdr] Long time subscriber, first time owner... where do I start?

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 12 18:26:06 PST 2018

Hi Everybody,

I've been interested in the Open HPSDR project for a long long time, but
never jumped in and joined the fun.

I attended an amateur radio Buy & Sell over the last weekend and was
able to pick up an extensive Open HPSDR setup for AU$200.

Pandora, Atlas, LPU, Ozy, Magister, Metis, Janus, Mercury, Penelope,
Excalibur, Pinocchio and a TX/RX relay box too.

I am fully prepared for a steep learning curve with this gear.  I think
small steps to start with would be good... USB connection and receive
only at this stage.

Can anyone point me to a recent "dummies guide" to getting Open HPSDR up
and running?   My shack computer is running Windows 7 64bit.

At this stage my SDR experience is limited to an RTL-SDR dongle :-)

73

Michael.
VK5ZEA