[hpsdr] Long time subscriber, first time owner... where do I start?

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 21 22:49:51 PST 2018

Thanks for the links John.

Hans VK5YX and I have been conversing via email and Facebook Messenger.
He's been a wonderful guide.

Once I got my head around some initial stumbling blocks (related to old
firmware), my HPSDR is working nicely!   I am most impressed with what
it can do.  The DSP noise reduction in PowerSDR is incredible.

I am planning on using an old Codan 4404 Power Amplifier (Australian
marine HF radio), 100 mW in 400 W out.  Looks like I can easily control
the band switching with the outputs from Penelope.

I think I got a great buy for $200

Regards,

Michael.
VK5ZEA