[hpsdr] ALC and power control

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 07:16:10 PST 2018

Hi Jim,

these spikes is a major shortcoming of many legacy (analog) radios. To protect the the final transistors against damage at bad SWR the power is reduced by means of an analog regulation loop. This loop needs a certain time to react. If the same loop circuit is also used for normal output power variation its no surprize that these spikes are generated.
Don't worry. HPSDR design excludes this deficit due to another architecture.

73, DC6NY