[hpsdr] NVIDIA Jetson Nano SBC - YouTube video

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Mon Apr 29 08:49:10 PDT 2019

Hi,

I wrote a suite of programs running on large hardware/linux.
Specifically an Asus X99 Server class motherboard
with Nvidia gtx1080 GPU board which has 2560 cores.  I was up to approx.
55 DDCs (ie. receivers).
I used the ghpSDR3-Alex model for putting together a variety of clients.
among these were fldigi, Thetis, wsjtx,
GQrx, and GNU Radio Companion.

At the point of 55 DDCs the process was near the end of the second, ie
it would become "less than realtime" if running more.
Also note, that I am referring to 55 IQ data streams, NOT 55 clients,
The desktop doesn't have enough power or
screen real estate to run 55 copies of fldigi or GQrx.  You would have
to distribute the clients among multiple desktops
for that (and ghpSDR3 can distribute the data to other desktops quite
nicely).

The modified ghpSDR3 approach allows you to use any of the old-school
programs that process PCM audio from the
sound stack, as well as programs that can directly consume IQ data.

Specifically I used GNURC to build  wide bandwidth panadapters. Since
GNURC has filters to directly process IQ
data its a good fit.  The biggest drawback to GNURC is that it doesn't
yet use CUDA for its processing, and thus is
fairly slow.  I got beautiful, fast panadapters using GQrx.

Steve ad0es