[hpsdr] HERMES TX OUTPUT

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Jun 21 04:54:41 PDT 2019

Tony,
That sounds like it could be very sketchy if you don't have a proper
splitter at the output of the Hermes, to split the power to two amplifiers.
This would also help isolate each amp from the other, and lessen the
back-effect on Hermes, and on each other amp's input.

If I were doing this seriously, I would place a (overall unity gain) buffer
stage in between the Hermes, that is designed to split the signal and
provide significant isolation. Likely this is 3 op-amps.  One to buffer the
output of the Hermes, with build-out resistors to the input of each buffer.
Buffer should be designed for 50 ohms in and out.

For an example, take a look at the schematic of the TADD-1, by John
Ackermann, N8UR, offered by TAPR.
http://www.tapr.org/~n8ur/TADD-1_Manual.pdf
Schematic is at the end.  It may not be broad band enough for your purpose,
but it should give you the idea.

73,
George K9TRV