[hpsdr] FlexControl knob/DDUtil/PowerSDR issue

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Mar 4 08:22:48 PST 2019

Long ago, I bought a FlexControl knob and after some wrestling with
DDUtil had it working pretty well with PowerSDR.  Then for various
reasons I stopped using it.

This weekend I tried to get it working again with PowerSDR 3.4.9 and
encountered a bug I haven't been able to fix.  I wonder if anyone here
uses the FlexControl knob and has seen, or fixed, this problem.

The issue is that the rotary encoder on the knob works *only* to tune
the VFO.  Although you can program the DDUtil/knob combination to change
on a "single click" to "Tune RIT", or change audio level, or change
drive level, when you do that the encoder does not change that function.
  For example, RIT turns on, but spinning the knob doesn't do anything;
the RIT value stays at 0.  When you click again to return to normal
mode, the VFO tuning starts working again.

I've done the usual resetting of databases, reinstallation of software,
etc., and can't get past this problem.

Unfortunately but understandably given all the different softwre
versions, Steve Nance K5FR, the DDUtil author, is no longer supporting
non-Flex radios, so there's no help available from that end.

Is this familiar to anyone else?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
John

PS -- Ham Radio Deluxe sort of supports the FlexControl, but as far as I
can tell only does basic vfo tuning, and doesn't use any of the
auxiliary buttons or switchable functions.