[hpsdr] Windows 10/PowerSDR/WSJT-X sound settings

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Sep 11 16:14:19 PDT 2019

Hi Scott --

Thanks for the recommendation.  I did a VAC reinstall and when I
rebooted I discovered Windows was doing a major update.  I was sorta
hoping that maybe the pending update was the problem, but unfortunately
no joy... the VAC still randomly goes away.

I've never encountered anything quite like this -- I've seen audio
settings go away over reboots or program restarts, but this is happening
in "steady state" where nothing (that I am aware of) is changing.

I just thought of one other thing to try... possibly a power saving mode
is kicking in.  I'm pretty certain I have it set never to suspend, but
I'll double check those settings.

73,
John
----